Saturday, July 26, 2014

Two Stories - One HEA

Panic by Ryan Ringbloom

3.5 out of 5 stars


556 Book Chicks didn't see it coming...

Robin is running from Kent - she has been for awhile now. Kent is determined to get Robin back in his life. He shows up at her doorstep to claim her, but Robin has secrets. Secrets she thinks will prevent them from having their HEA.

I totally thought I was gone have to read about Robin running and drowning in her problems the entire book. So I was starting to check out! Like there is no way I can do this the entire book - Ugh!

But this book does something totally unexpected. It jumps to 3 years later, with a new story of Shayna and Bailey. This second part saved the book for me. It was a brilliant idea. Tell two completely different stories that will become connected at the end. I didn't understand it at first, but slowly the pieces started to come together and it made for the best HEA ever!

Panic is a book women can relate to and empathize with Robin and Shayna. There is a pinnacle moment when Robin is in the convenience store and she is watching this little girl with her parents. It was a normal parent moment for some, but it was a life changing moment for Robin. And it had me in tears. 'The sign is a sign. Why I went there and witnessed what I did tonight, seeing that little girl, that family, it was a sign.'

~ Tiffany (556 Book Chicks)

No comments:

Post a Comment