Monday, July 7, 2014

If only American Idol was this good

Fierce by Ginger Voight

5 out of 5 stars

556 Book Chicks instantly fall in love...
I totally loved this book from the start. I think after the first chapter I was totally engrossed in Fierce and everything it had to offer. No second guessing it - I was all in...

What did I love...every damn thing! But I especially loved that Jordi was far from perfect. Not blonde, not blue eyed, not a size 4, not dropped dead gorgeous...Jordi was in a battle with her weight every day since she was 6 years old. As a woman I can totally relate to Jordi! It made her real and who the hell doesn't love real? #FanGirl #TeamJordi #JordiRocks! You get the point I'm sure! LOL!

The Characters...are written so freaking well in this book. You will love them all, well some of them you will hate! You could actually visualize the characters - that's how well they were written. I don't know the last time I read a book where I loved so many of the characters. I have to say besides Jordi - Corey and Jace were two of my absolute favorites. And even though I hated Eddie and Jordi's mom, I have to give Ginger Voight kudos for writing their selfish asses so well. Anytime you get a hand clap for writing a hated main character so well - you know you have written one hell of a book!

One of My Favorite Moments...was when Jordi sang the National Anthem at her live audition for the Fierce television show. She was inspired by Jace's story and she just let them have it. This scene was so powerful you could feel it and see her singing...'There was no one else on stage I had to worry about overshadowing with my big, booming voice; this was truly my first time to really shine. I blasted down the rafters in ways that would have made my mother scowl with disdain all the way from Iowa. I got teary as I finished, and didn't even realize the people in the auditorium had sprung to their feet. I had given only myself, and was encouraged and rewarded with the applause of my equally talented peers. Even in this group of budding superstars, there was room for me. It was the first time that I felt there had been room for me anywhere. Finally I had been Jordi...and it had been enough.' (Tears)

I am watching for...Shelby in Book #2. Why? Because I don't know if she is playing both sides of the fence. Someone is trying to help Eddie bring Jordi down, and I want to know who the hell it is. And I could totally be wrong about Shelby, but for right now I am watching her.

If you haven't figured it out by now this book gave me life honey! Life with two snaps and a neck roll! I freaking loved this book!

~Tiffany (556 Book Chicks)




No comments:

Post a Comment