Saturday, April 13, 2013

Never Say Never...I read Part II

Access Restricted (Part 2 The Access Series) by Alice Severin

4.5 out of 5 stars (Tiffany's opinion)

Recommended by LaToya Wilson (even though I didn't want to read it)

Amazon Summary: Lily Taylor has been reporting on the music scene for years now. But when she met Tristan Hunter, the devastatingly sexy rock star with a wild past, she wasn’t expecting the ride of her life. Now she’s been told to follow Tristan on his comeback tour to London. With their careers under the spotlight, the stakes couldn’t be higher. Tristan has the chance to reclaim the top, and Lily has the story of her career. Interviewing the people who were there right at the start with Tristan means she might finally find out the truth behind all those dark rumors. So far, they’ve managed to keep their passionate affair hidden. But there are some people who know – and don’t want to see them together. And with their own demons to fight, will love stand a chance? Or will the first stop on the tour be the last…

Chit Chat with 556 Book Chicks Tiffany:
Access Restricted – I know…I know…I talked so much shit about Access All Areas. How I thought it was a horrible, boring book (maybe not in those words exactly). But I can admit when I have been fooled…I did not want to even read Part II…why? I thought the first one was awful. Well I am glad I read part II – it was GREAT! Now I can’t remember why I didn’t like the first one!
Even though you are still all up in Lily Taylor’s head– at least now she is making some sense. Lord I understood what she was feeling and could even relate to some of her emotions! Wanting to be great at her career…wanting to have the green light to fall in love with the man of her choosing…wanting to be free and live life to the fullest. I think most women can relate to these feelings.
I love the new characters introduced in the story…Trevor (Tristan’s savior from back in the day) I loved how he wanted to make Tristan better…and eventually helped Lily stop running from the inevitable. Even though he comes across as kind of a jerk at the beginning, he gives us insight as to what happened to Tristan and why the band broke up. And the story he tells will have you bawling your eyes out for Tristan. I know it had me in an emotional knot. I wanted to reach out and hug Tristan (if he was real of course)…but nevertheless you understand why he operates the way he does now because of the pain he was in then.
The character that really surprised me was Dave. He turned out to be a total asshat! I think he only wanted Lily because Tristan wanted her. He was banking on Tristan ruining their relationship and her running to him for safety. Well that did kind of ended up happening – kind of sort of – maybe. Of course Dave played a role in things starting to become unglued. But when he took her to dinner after the whole London fiasco…and said this to her, “It’s only made you more interesting, you know, this whole thing with Tristan. If you could please him…I know you. I know you’ll be good, we’ll be good.” Like really asshole!!!! She should have slapped the taste out of his mouth when he said that…it was such an insult to her. But then you can’t help but love how the rest of the dinner unfolds. Tristan comes walking in and takes a seat and him and Dave are like combating back and forth. Lily is watching back and forth like a tennis match. Finally she grows some balls (heheheheee) and tells them both to F%ck off. But when Tristan says…”Haven’t you done that already.” All I could do was gasp…like oh no he did not go there. She did NOT sleep with Dave you big jerk!
Tristan really loves her he just doesn’t know who to trust. That ex-wife and Paul (ex-band mate) have really did a number on him. When you read what they did to him (told by Trevor) you want to kill someone…like HATE them with a passion. And his manager James is almost as bad as them two. But I love love love when Lily slaps the shit out of James before Tristan’s big concert in London. He had that coming a long time. But AC (the other ex-band mate) you feel sorry for him. He just wants to be loved and I think he is in love with Tristan romantically. But the author never elaborates on if there was more to their story. I wanted to know if the rumors about them were true or not...were they connected through intimacy…you are left to draw your own conclusions.
I don’t want to give away all the great moments in the book – there were many great parts.
 
I am so glad I read this book!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment