Sunday, May 31, 2015

Dog Food Is a Hell of a Drug...

DOG FOOD II by Raynesha Pittman

5 out of 5 stars

556 Book Chicks selects...Dog Food II as our book of the month for May. It seems like forever since we read Dog Food (part I), so of course the anticipation was high. What the hell was Demarcus going to get into this time?!?! I almost broke my kindle reading Part I, so I was praying that Demarcus got his life this time around.

So I start reading the book...and everything is going good until Lord King and Killa start fighting in the back seat of the car. All I could think was oh shit here we go!!! Bullets shooting, they wrestling, bodies start flying out the car, and the entire time I'm thinking Lord this fool (Demarcus) about to go to jail. Think positive Tiffany, just think positive. He can't go to jail, this not his fault. Calm down and keep reading. Then it happens, "Demarcus Elder, you're under arrest for assaulting an off-duty officer, and you are the primary suspect in the murder of..." (did you really think I was going to tell that)? And there went the safety of my kindle. Seventeen percent in and I'm mad at this MF already.

But don't get caught up on the mistakes of Demarcus, because Raynesha is bringing the HEAT and switching up the game in this book!

Hands down...Dog Food II belongs to Omar! Omar kicked down the front door, he didn't take names, he didn't ask no questions...he just reeked havoc! Who knew Omar had it in him? I want to talk about Omar's gangsta but I can't because you wouldn't even believe me. I promise every time I read Omar's name I was humming Rich Homie Quan's song "I be feeling like the man when I walk thru.." Like this song was on repeat the entire time I was reading this book. Walk thru Omar - walk thru!!! LOL! Even though I don't want to give anything away...I have to say this...Omar will have you under his spell by sprinkling a little dog food on his manhood (you heard me), he will steal from you and then come back and make it rain on you. And as much as I didn't want to like him, I had to respect his ability to stay alive.

My favorite part (well one of them)...let me set the scene. Omar needs some cookie, so he finds a flick of Demarcus and Bria and proceeds to watch it. So he getting his one hand man on, and one his many enemies appears out of nowhere and is standing over ready to empty his gun. Do you think Omar care? Hell No! When L'Amir tells him to put his meat up, Omar responds with, "Shit. You invited yourself to this party. You're on my time." You talking about opening and closing this kindle and screaming every time I went back to read what I thought I hadn't really read. And this is one of the reasons why you have to respect Omar.

I can't even begin to explain how good this book is. There was innocent people getting bodied, people going to jail (Demarcus stayed at the police station honey), set ups, take downs, paternity tests, secrets, lies, and love. And don't worry Demarcus will still keep you mad and guessing his next move. Raynesha deserves a standing ovation for building her own box and writing outside of it. She didn't go into this book to continue Part I, she went into this book to finish a family era or error (depends on how you look at it). And the way the books ends, Dog Food III might be the beginning of a new friendship for Demarcus, and we all know this busta don't need no new friends!!!


~ Tiffany (556 Book Chicks)


No comments:

Post a Comment