Saturday, September 14, 2013

Totally caught off guard with this one...

Stay With Me by Elyssa Patrick

5 out of 5 freaking stars

556 Book Chicks fall in love...
I am honestly so EXCITED to write a review for this book! I fell in love with this book and how it made you believe in love and friendships! It was like a breath of fresh air...a smell the roses kind of love story! You will fall in love with all the characters (well except for that mother of hers).

Hailey is escaping her Hollywood life and joining the ranks of normal college students. It's what she wants, what she needs, what she is determined to accomplish. Meanwhile, her mother will do anything to stay the center of attention. Even if that means telling all of Hailey's secrets she promised to keep. It's hard for Hailey to trust! She is weary that everyone is looking to sale their next encounter with her, so when she meets Caleb she instantly pushes him away. But the connection is too strong for either of them to deny. Caleb and his friends are just what she needs to transition from stardom. Just writing this makes me want to read the book again!

What we loved about this book: The characters! You don't just fall in love with Caleb...you fall in love with his sister...hell his whole family...and all his friends. When is the last time you read a book and loved all the characters? Yeah I didn't think so... Daphne (Caleb's sister) is AWESOME! Every woman should have a friend like this. All the guys - Nick (Daphne's protector), Jamie (the funny one), and Kai (the quiet one) are AMAZING! And I am oh so hoping that they each will have a spin off book!

Elyssa Patrick did an excellent job writing this book. Anytime you read a book and it makes you want a piece of chocolate cake - the author has done a hell of a job writing...'A rich chocolate cake, the color such a deep brown it almost appears black, thick frosting coats layers and layers and layers of cake. The outer edge of the cake is coated in chocolate chips, and on top there is dark leading to a hard but smooth-looking chocolate heart. It looks so sinful that I'm wondering if I'll spontaneously combust upon eating a single bite.' You want a piece of cake right now - don't you?

But it's not just about the cake...it's the way she makes you want to be in love. You start to remember the butterflies...and it puts the light back in your eyes (damn it turned me into a poet - LOL). 'His teeth catch on my lower lip, lightly tugging, as if asking a question, one that I answer by opening my mouth and letting him in. His tongue slides against me, tasting, seeking. He's all I know, all I want to know, and I want him to know me in every possible way. This might just be lust, but it doesn't feel like it - not with this assured gentleness, this giving of a kiss, like he's waited all his life for this - for me - and now that I'm here, he's not going to do anything to mess it up.' But don't think for one minute Elyssa Patrick keeps it PG-13, no way no how, she can get down and dirty with the best of them. 'I kiss him, wet, wild, our tongues thrusting, and he moves inside me. Hard. Fast. Taking me to the edge in a furious pace. I clench around him, squeezing him, milking his long, hard cock into me. And when I'm about to scream my release, I take his mouth again, letting him swallow my pleasure, and falling into him.' Oh I know you want some more...but you will just have to read the book! The scenes between Caleb and Hailey are romantic but they are also SMOKIN' HOT!!! So you already know that Caleb has climbed the book boyfriend chart to the very top!

We have to pump the brakes for a minute...because it's not always going to be easy. The one thing that can ruin the future of Hailey and Caleb is Hailey's witch of a mother! That witch had me ready to slap her face off! Like seriously you would destroy your own child to stay in the spotlight. OMG we want to tell you the secret that could destroy their relationship, but we can't you have to read the book! Just a warning your eyes are going to get real big...you are going to be holding your breath...and you are going to be silently cursing! And you will want to comfort Hailey in the process.

Now back to the mushy stuff...my break down moment was when Hailey picked up that guitar and started singing to Caleb. Hailey was under the impression that in order to find herself she had to stop doing things she only liked and find the things she loved. So since she didn't love acting and music...she stopped playing her guitar and singing. But when she picked up that guitar...I had to pick up a box of tissue. Yeah it was over for me. And then she tells him she loves him and I was completely undone. #Don'tJudgeMe - you will be too when you read the book. "Caleb. I love you so much. I...I started believing in me. Because of you. You are everything to me." 

Elyssa Patrick - 556 is giving you a standing ovation for this EXCELLENT book! Thank You - Thank You - Thank You!






No comments:

Post a Comment