Monday, May 19, 2014

Introducing Mr. Hamilton

Reasonable Doubt (Volume One) by Whitney G.

5 out of 5 stars

556 Book Chicks can't get enough...
I have to retract my statement of..."I hate serials!" Yes, I said and I meant it up until I read Reasonable Doubt. Damn Whitney G. for even writing this book.

Andrew Hamilton aka Thoreau is a first class asshole. But I loved him. Don't judge me. He was sexy, smart, and straight to the point. He wanted to have sex, one night only, with no strings attached. Thoreau would chat you up online, arrange to meet up with you, screw your brains out, and walk away! But there is always that one person that will make you throw all your rules out the window...Alyssa is her name well not really...it's her computer alias. LOL!

What I loved most about this book...it was funny as hell. The banter between Andrew (Thoreau) and Aubrey (Alyssa) is freaking hilarious. I found myself laughing out loud a lot throughout the story. Sometimes you are so caught up in the love story that you forget to laugh, but not with Andrew. The shit that comes out of his mouth..is like really? Really? He was so busy meeting these women online not expecting them to lie about who they really were...like Andrew have you not seen Catfish?

My favorite Catfish moment...he went to meet one of his online conquest and she was not the same girl in the picture (shocker) and Andrew is pissed. And he keeps asking her about the model in the pictures. "It wasn't a model. It was my roommate. Wait a second! All the things I said to you on the phone were absolutely true. I am interested in politics, and I do love studying the law and keeping up with high profile cases." So Andrew ask her what law school did she attend...wait for it...wait for it... "Law school? No, not law school type of law. Law like, I've watched every episode of SVU and I've read all John Grisham's books." Lmmmmmaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I could not stop laughing!

Andrew hates a liar....so when he started unraveling the lie told by Alyssa. I closed my kindle several times trying to decide if I would keep reading because I knew it was going to turn out bad. It was like Oh My God is she going to interview with him...Oh My God are those the cases he was helping her with...Oh My God he is going to freaking flip his lid. And baybbbbeee when he called her cell phone during the interview I started SCREAMING!!!! Like chick you are soooo caught. 'I could see the rings on my phone's screen, see the seconds as they passed, and when it rang three times, I let out a huge sigh of relief. But then the sound of bell chimes filled the room.' And she was just sitting there smiling - she still had not caught on that he was her mystery man. It is the moment when you look at your friend like girl you done messed up. Runnnnnnnnn Chick Runnnnnnnn! LOL!

I know y'all are used to me giving you my favorite sex scene, but I am not doing it this time. You need to experience Andrew Hamilton for yourself. His male dominance is off unreasonable!

~Tiffany (556 Book Chicks)



No comments:

Post a Comment