Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hawaiian Crush Series Makes a HUGE Splash

Connected by the Sea by E.L. Todd

4 out of 5 stars

556 Book Chicks dives in head first...
I have to be honest...I thought this book was going to totally suck! I don't know - the author started talking about the ocean and creatures and I was like "Oh My what have I gotten myself into." Well good thing I am one of those people that will not put down a book regardless of my initial impression, because I would have missed out on an AWESOME read. Once you get past the first couple of chapters you forget that the connection between the characters is supposedly the sea. Who really gives a crap about the sea when you have HOT, STEAMY, MAKE OUT SESSIONS!

This book had it all - cute friend that is infatuated, Hottie that needs tutoring, jealous ex-girlfriend, and psycho step-dad from hell. Sydney couldn't wait to escape her home - away from her mother, abusive step-father, and crazy step-brother. She is off to college in Hawaii and enjoying her time with her friends and studying what she loves (the sea). Everything is going great..and in walks Coen. Coen is the college hottie that has the love'em and leave'em reputation. Coen makes Sydney feel things she didn't even know lived inside of her. Only her best friend Henry, wished she felt those things for him. Poor Henry.

What I liked about this book...Coen of course! LOL! No seriously I liked how he wanted everyone to know they were together...how he was committed to her even when she was still straddling the fence. But besides Coen, I love the way E.L. Todd wrote the book. It had a lot of dialogue minus all the inner head mumbling. I love the way the dialogue just flowed and it was like you were actually watching it play out on t.v.

My favorite part...Coen was ready for their relationship to go public. So he pretty much gave her a choice...be with him and tell Henry the truth or be without him. So Sydney shows up at the party with Henry and Nancy...well this is what happens...'She felt an arm brush her shoulder and she looked up, seeing Coen's face close to hers. Everyone in the circle stopped talking as they watched Coen leaned toward Sydney. His lips were very close to hers, but he said nothing. He stared into her eyes, waiting for her to make her decision. Sydney knew she had to kiss him in front of Henry if she wanted to keep him, or at least embrace him in some way. Coen kept his eyes glued to hers as he waited for her to make up her mind.'

Ha! You thought I was going to tell what happened next. Really? Really? Sorry you have to read the book to get all the juicy details! We will let you know as soon as this book goes live on Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment